Monday 10 December 2012

Interest Check; Fandoms & Original Ideas

All right, so I'm new to the community but not to RPing. I've been doing so for almost seven years now, and thus far I love it. That being said, I have a decent amount of exposure to various settings/plots, and as most of you also have, I've decided that there are a few that I prefer, fandoms included. I think I'm pretty versatile in terms of characters that I can play- male, female, old, young, etc. but as far as content goes, I'm simply unwilling to do any sort of romance-focused RPing. That's not to say that nothing can include it, but that's just not what I'm here for. I care about character development as much as the story itself, but to most people, "romance" contains very little character development. Something that should also be noted is that I prefer original characters above all else in most cases. I'm willing to use canons in some fandoms, but to be honest I'm rather picky about it.

Moving on, the following are ideas that I'd like to perhaps use in the future. If you're interested in one of them, great! If you're interested in more than one, even better! If you're not interested, I'm sorry. :(

Without further ado... well, this.

Digimon: Corruption
So my basic ideas around this are a group of kids from a small US town are transported to the Digital World and have to fight off a mysterious enemy. I know that it's pretty vague, but I have some more specific ideas and a story outline for it, so don't let the lack of details deter you. I'm thinking probably 5 characters between the ages of 12 and 17 who go on a journey of intrigue, friendship, and self-discovery. (I do allow and encourage original Digimon, but I know how difficult it can be to really take an idea and define it, so no harm, no foul.)

Power Rangers: Black Hole
I developed this idea for a fanfic that never really panned out (for various reasons) but I still have the information for anyone who's interested. It's basically an astronomy-based setting involving constellations, the zodiac, and much more. This does include Zordon and Alpha-5, though it pretty much disregards the events of the show itself. Again, character development is key and I also have the story for this one outlined. This will be a tad bit darker than the show, though comedy will still be present.

Pok?mon
This one I really don't have much of an idea for besides getting a small group together to basically journey through all the regions. Everyone will get their chance to shine and show what they're good at, provided we don't have five trainers in the same group. Variety is good, people! Oh, and the events of the anime (and game for the most part) are disregarded, though you'll recognize some of the elements of the games if you've played them.

Post-Dragonball Z
Like many DB/Z fans, I don't like GT. That being said, I want to continue where it left off. I have the first saga, involving a massive alien wreaking havoc and a deceptive sorcerer, down, plus bits and pieces that can be scraped together for maybe one or two more, but your ideas will be well-appreciated. This is one fandom where I'm happy to play canons (preferable Goten, since I love that rascal, though I'm down for most characters), and perhaps one where it's the easiest to do so.

Super Powered Teenagers
The subtitle above is kinda lame, but it holds the basic idea. A few teenagers from different lifestyles find themselves with various extraordinary powers and aren't sure what to do with them. This is heavily player-directed, as they could go the superhero route or use them to become super popular in school and beat people up and stuff. For the most part, the characters will be going through that most teenagers go through, just in a bit of an extreme way and more awesome. I'm pretty open with this one, so suggestions are welcome.

Post-Apocalyptic Stuff
One of my favorite settings. Again, don't have much here, and I'm pretty open. Fallout has an interesting premise, and though I don't watch Walking Dead (not because I don't like it; just never saw an episode), zombies are fun if done right.

Post-The Amazing Spider Man
This is just a tad bit of self-indulgence, as I'm in love with this movie. Despite it's shortcomings, I thought it was well-executed and and would make for a great sequel- which is what I have in mind. Basically we'd be writing out our own version of a sequel to this movie, using Spidey's other villains and exploring his relationships with people. This is more one-on-one material, but I'm open to suggestions!

Anything Else!
Though I listed these, I'm open to many fandoms (not much of an anime/manga person, save for those listed) and original concepts if they happen to tickle my fancy. If you think we have similar interests or have any ideas involving turning my ideas into a different/original concept, lemme know and we can work together. One thing in particular worth mentioning is Star Wars: love it, but don't have any specific ideas for it. If you have one, feel free to share!

What I expect of you
I'm not too picky. All I ask is that you are literate, can keep up with about 300 words per post (again, literate and well-thought out, though more is not too bad), have original ideas and are willing to cooperate. My preferred writing style to RP with is third person, past-tense, since everything meshes better. Also, remember that your character is not the focus here; everyone is equal and has the same amount of importance in their own way.

Anyway, thanks for sticking around to read this far, and I look forward to moving forward!

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RolePlayGateway/~3/-aycm6KqlBk/viewtopic.php

London 2012 hurdles Taylor Kinney Beach Volleyball Olympics 2012 Jessica Ennis Oscar Pistorius Aliya Mustafina Kirk Urso

No comments:

Post a Comment